6.23.2009

And we're off!

Welcome to Simply Delicious!

This blog will be devoted to everyday recipes- recipes that can be made with normal ingredients in your cupboards and refrigerator. Through the last few years of being on my own, I have acquired countless wonderful recipes. I don't claim to be a wonderful cook or some genius chef- Trust me... I'm not! I'm a normal girl who makes normal food for my family. I spend time rummaging through magazines looking for new great recipes and find myself frustrated when I find a recipe that looks delish and then find that it calls for something crazy. Living in a small town sometimes doesn't afford me the opportunity to find these strange ingredients, so therefore, I can't try those recipes.

While speaking to one of my college roomates last night, she mentioned that I should have a post about cooking with what is already in your cupboard. In college, our cupboards were often bare (whose cupboards weren't in college?) and I could usually whip up something with whatever we had. I don't think any of those meals would have won any awards, but it got us through one more meal without having to go to the store!

I am the youngest of seven children and have 4 older sisters and 2 sister-in-laws that have passed down great recipes as well. Since being married, I have also gotten some yummy recipes from my mother-in-law and my husband's 4 sisters! What I'm trying to say is that most of these recipes aren't even mine! I have great friends and family who cook normal and delicious things and these are the recipes I want to share. My friends are always asking for my recipes and I thought that this cooking blog would be a great place to share recipes and tips for everyday, normal family cooking!

PS... Isn't my blog looking fabulous?? Check out Hilary's designs at simplyyoursdesigns.com

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kyle & Melanie Kropf said...

Mmmmmm!! I'm excited to try out the recipes that you plan on posting! I LOVE cooking! Before getting married, I was a little hesitant that my cooking would be horrible as a wife because I didn't make the time to develop my cooking talents as a single. But to my surprise, and Kyle's as well, I haven't cooked anything yucky or ruined any meals yet! Anyway, I look forward to posting some of my own recipes as well for others to try! Great idea with this blog! It looks fantastic! :)

Ashley Wray said...

Hooray! Your blog looks amazing, love the background and everything! And that picture of you is adorable! I can't wait to get some more of your yummy recipes to add my collection! And I'll be adding your button to my blog asap!

Jessica said...

Love the cooking blog! The background is amazing. I'll have to add your button-it's way cool!

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs