6.29.2009

Susan's Lasagna

This is, BY FAR, Josh's favorite dinner to have. The recipe for Lasagna is his mother's and we love it. It is simple and uses normal ingredients that I have around the house all the time- I don't usually have ricotta cheese like most lasagnas call for, but I always have cottage cheese.
I usually just make an 8x8 since there are only 2 of us eating, but I will give you the recipe for the 9x13 pan instead.
Susan's Lasagna:
6 lasagna noodles, cooked according to directions on package
1 tub of cottage cheese (I buy the bigger tub, the 32oz, but maybe would only use 25-ish oz. for the 9x13 pan)
2 eggs
1 Tbsp parsley
Spaghetti sauce
Grated cheddar cheese (however much you like on your lasagna)
Parmesan cheese
About 1 lb. browned ground beef, seasoned with dried onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
(see my post before this about how I cook my ground beef)
Mix eggs and parsley into cottage cheese mixture.
Spread small amount of spaghetti sauce on bottom of pan to keep noodles from sticking. Lay down 3 lasagna noodles, layer with spaghetti sauce, 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 lb. ground beef, 1/2 of grated cheese, then layer again with noodles, spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, meat, and cheese. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes or until bubbly throughout.
We like our lasagna a bit runny, so that there is sauce to dip our yummy breadsticks in... mmmm
Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs