10.12.2010

Sweet Potato Fries

I have been ordering from Bountiful Baskets and I am loving all the produce we have gotten. A few weeks ago, we got some sweet potatoes and I was sooo excited! I have quite a few yummy recipes that I love, but I decided to make some sweet potato fries at my husband's request.

Here's the seasoning mix I chose to use:

2 tsp. Seasoned salt
1 tsp. tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. parsely
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Peel your sweet potatoes and then cut them up until they are about 1/4 inch thick and 3 inches long (or however long your sweet potato is!)
Put the sweet potatoes in a plastic bag with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and shake until the potatoes are well coated. Add the seasoning mix to the plastic bag and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE until they are well coated and the seasoning is evenly distributed. One suggestion I found online was to use 2 tsp. of the spice mixture for every 2 sweet potatoes depending on how spicy you like it.
Bake at 425 for 40 minutes turning once halfway. Once they come out of the oven, top them with more seasoned salt. Serve immediately... They were so yummy and perfect to eat watching a BYU football game... Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs