11.29.2010

Can't Leave Alone Bars

This is a recipe that I got from Tried and True cooking with Heidi and I am so glad I tried it.

I took these to work that night to be devoured by my co-workers during the night. We need something to keep us awake all night! The day shift got there and there were only about 2-3 left and they were upset with me for not bringing some for them.

Thankfully, they are one of the easiest desserts I have ever made and I will be making some soon to take to those complaining day-shifters =)
1 package white or yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup (6 oz- or half a bag) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter, cubed

Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Set remaining cake mix aside.

In a microwave bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered until chips and butter are melted and stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. I found it easiest to just use my hands to crumble the cake mix over the top (after I washed my hands of course....)Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool before cutting.Enjoy!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Adele, you always make the yummiest looking things. I think I'd eat the whole pan by myself! How do you keep your girlish figure? You are gorgeous....

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs