10.29.2009

Layered Enchilada Bake

This was a recipe I found on the back of a recipe I tore out of a magazine. In other words, I didn't even know I had this recipe. I saw it and since I had everything to make it, I did! It was totally easy and tasted great. I was having one of those "blah" kind of days and just needed something simple to make... and this was it!

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion chopped (I used chopped dried onions)
2 cups salsa
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup Italian dressing
2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
6 flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
Grated Mexican Style Cheese (or any other cheese you have!)

Preheat oven to 400. Brown meat and onions in large skillet on medium heat and drain fat. Add salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and mix well.

Arrange 3 tortillas on the bottom of 9x13 pan in a single layer. (Don't line your pan with foil. The recipe said to do it, but it was SO hard to get it out without eating foil... so I don't recommend it!)Cover with layers of half the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat all layers again (tortillas, meat, sour cream and cheese).

Cover with foil and back in preheated oven for 30 minutes, covered. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

You could also freeze the uncooked casserole. When you want to use it, just bake covered for 1 hour, then remove the foil and back an additional 15-20 minutes.

I only made an 8x8, so I cut my ingredients down from this recipe since there really are only two of us to feed, but this was delicious! Give it a try!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs