10.19.2009

Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

This is a recipe I got from Pioneer Woman Cooks and it is so delicious! We loved this. I am so glad that Josh is not the type of guy that HAS to have meat at every meal, because we couldn't enjoy the yumminess of meals like this... This was so good, but I could see most kids not liking it.. I wouldn't have liked it as a kid, I can tell you that!

Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, finely diced
1 14.5 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juice (I used petite diced...I like them small!)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth, more as needed
1/2 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound thin spaghetti
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan chese
2 Tbsp chopped olives or other herbs (I didn't use anything here!)

Cook spaghetti til al dente. Drain and set aside. While pasta is cooking, melt olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste (don't UNDERsalt!!) Cook over low heat until heated through, then turn off heat. (My sauce was a little too runny- maybe leave it to boil down a little longer) Place drained pasta in a large bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Pour sauce over top. Add chopped olives or other herbs. Toss lightly to combine and coat. Delicious!

DISCLAIMER!: I realize this isn't a TRUE vegetarian meal since it uses chicken broth, but it is meatless and it was delicious! Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs