7.06.2010

Best Ever Baked Beans

Photo from http://www.foodlion.com

My sister posted this recipe on our family website and I had never tried it. I modified it a little bit because I felt like it called for way too much meat and not nearly enough beans. I was so impressed with how these turned out. They were absolutely delicious! Here's my version:

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground sausage
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 Tbsp chopped dried onion
3 (16 oz) cans pork and beans
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp mustard


Directions:
Brown sausage and onion in skillet. Drain drippings. Combine sausage and onions with all other ingredients in a 2 quart casserole pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 30 minutes....or if you totally ran out of time like I did... Microwave it for about 12 minutes! (Don't tell anyone!)

Number Of Servings:10-12 servings

These were so yummy. If you like baked beans, you will not regret making these... YUM... I think I'll go have a serving of the leftovers right now!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Aim said...

oooooo yum yum! it's 830 in the morning and I would totally eat those for breakfast right now! They look so good! I'm def making these tonight!

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs