7.14.2010

Abby Bread

This is a recipe I got from my good friend Abby. She used to live next door to me (***tear***) but we have both since moved from that neighborhood... (***another tear***)

Anyway, I got a lot of good recipes from her and this is one in particular that we LOVE. Its so easy and quick that I can get it made in about an hour andits always ready for dinner! I don't know what she calls it, but we call it Abby bread, since we got it from her!

Now, I know some people are afraid of yeast... but I promise you, you have no reason to be afraid! You can do it!

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
4 cups flour (approx)

Dissolve yeast in warm water and stir in sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes... until it looks like this:
That means your yeast has activated and is ready to go! Add salt, Italian seasoning and 2 cups flour and stir until smooth. Add remaining flour gradually until a firm dough is formed:

Cover and let rise until doubled:
Either roll into snakes, or make one large round about an inch thick. Brush with olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese and more Italian seasoning. Let rise until doubled again.
Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown... and looks like this:
We like to dip ours in light tasting extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. YUM!
Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs