8.07.2010

Chile and Cheese Spirals

Yet another new recipe I tried for the blessing last weekend. I have had these bookmarked forever and finally had an occasion to make them. Unfortunately, I accidentally erased my bookmark after I printed the recipe, and can't remember where I found the recipe to give due credit...

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup (4 oz can) diced green chiles
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
4 (8-inch) soft taco-sized flour tortillas
Salsa
Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, onion, red pepper and olives in a medium bowl. Stir until well mixed. Spread 1/2 cup mixture over each tortilla and roll up. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap twisting ends to close and refrigerate at least 1 hour. I made mine the night before. Remove plastic wrap when ready to serve and slice each roll into 3/4 inch pieces and serve with salsa for dipping.

Suggestion: I really liked these, but I would have LOVED them even more if they had less onion in them. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup, I only used 1/4 cup and I think I would only use 1/8 of a cup next time... A little too onion-y for me!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs