9.01.2010

Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

Whew! Is that a long enough name??

The original recipe for these said to make them in a mini muffin tin, but when I did that, I could not for the life of me get them out in one piece. These were delicious, but I would suggest you do them in cupcake papers in a normal size muffin tin.

That said... the reason I have no pictures for this recipe is two-fold:

1. I was in a huge hurry. I made these for a brunch I was hosting at my house and in between cleaning my house and trying to tend my two littles and make these... I just didn't get any pictures...

AND

2. Because I made them in the mini muffin pan, they did not come out clean and were therefore not pretty enough to take pictures of...

SO THERE... There's my excuse. But trust me, they were tasty!

1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
Stir w/ wire whisk.
In another bowl stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients with spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. You may want to reserve a few to sprinkle on the tops just after pulling them out of the oven.
Bake in 350 oven for 8-9 min. for mini muffins and 15-18 minutes for regular sized muffins. Enjoy!
Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs