9.09.2010

Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken Recipe

This was such a super easy and absolutely delicious meal! I highly recommend it to MOST of you... I wouldn't recommend nursing mothers eat this. It was a little spicy and my little one was VERY upset the day after I ate this. But it was absolutely delicious and I can't wait to make it again... in 9 months when I'm done nursing... **sigh**
Okay.. onto the recipe:

1 small bottle of Zesty Italian dressing
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. cumin
3 cloves minced garlic
2 lbs. chicken breast

Place chicken breast in crockpot covered with water and sprinkle with onion (I always use dried onion). Cook on low for 5-6 hours until cooked. Drain the water, shred the chicken with a fork and add the dressing and spices about 1 hour before you want to eat it.

Serve on tortillas with cheese and mexican rice and any other toppings you want. YUM! We ate this without the rice because I didn't have time to make it before heading to work and it was still absolutely delicious. But... if you want it to be more like Cafe Rio, then make some rice to add to your burrito. Serious deliciousness!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

thanks for sharing! this sounds DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

Brette said...

Adele, another delicious recipe...I really enjoy your blog!

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs