2.22.2011

Grilled Chicken Pasta in a Tomato Cream Sauce

You know how you have a recipe bookmarked FOREVER on your computer and you just don't try it... and then you finally do try it and it is easy and delicious? Seriously. Why have I not tried this meal before now? I have had it printed and sitting on my counter for probably 6 months and just tried it a few weeks ago. I don't even know where this recipe came from anymore... its just been that long. (So if anyone knows where this recipe came from, let me know and I'll give them credit!)

Unfortunately... I was having company over when I made this, so I was trying to hurry and all the pictures I got were the ingredient shot and then the final product... Whoops!

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/2 pound penne pasta
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 (8-ounce can) tomato sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1/2-1 tsp salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. parsley

Rinse chicken breasts in cold water. Layer between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound to even thickness. Season both sides with Montreal Steak Seasoning. Preheat grill and grill chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes per side. In a large pot, boil water with 1 Tbsp. salt. Add 1/2 lb. penne pasta noodles and boil according to package directions

Heat 2 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over med. heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but don't let the garlic turn brown. Add the chicken broth and let the broth reduce down by half. Once the broth has reduced, stir in the tomato sauce. Add the heavy cream and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and basil to the sauce and mix well. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Slice the chicken. Serve pasta with sliced chicken on top.This was so delicious... creamy, flavorful. So yummy. Try it. Its very easy and so absolutely delicious... How could it not be delicious... Did you look at the ingredient list? Heavy cream, butter, olive oil... hello...YUM!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Hannah said...

YUM! My husband would love this.

Kendra said...

I cannot wait to try this!! Yum!

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs