2.28.2011

Mint Oreo Ice Cream

So... I might have made another kind of ice cream. I had all the ingredients and those Mint Oreos were calling my name. I just had to see how good it would be in this ice cream.

And it DID.NOT.DISAPPOINT!

YUM! If you are a mint oreo fan, you will want to try this. Seriously YUM.So, here we go... Same recipe as before:

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
And then whatever you want to add to your ice cream-which was about 15 coarsely chopped mint oreos this time.

First, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, butter and mint Oreos (or whatever you're adding) in a large bowl. Fold in whipped cream.Then... I decided that I just couldn't make Mint Oreo Ice Cream and leave it white. So I added some green food coloring which made it seem much more minty. =)Freeze for 6 hours til hard and then enjoy. Try not to eat the entire container in one sitting. Yum.
My little guy loved it too. Thankfully I had someone to share it with or else I would have eaten it all myself! And yes.. he is eating with his left hand. He seems to be favoring that left hand... Hmm..Did I mention I'm losing weight? I could probably do a lot better if I didn't make things like this.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Hannah said...

YUM! I think Hilary posted this recipe on her blog too. Your version looks delish!

Aarthi said...

First time here....This looks so yummy...Love to have it in a hot summer day...Thanks for the recipe..

Do check my blog too..
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs