11.15.2011

Mini Deep Dish Pizza

Can you believe it? I'm back! I make no guarantees as to how long I'll be back posting recipes, but the scare I just had about losing everything jump started me to get blogging again!

So, this is a recipe I found on Pinterest a while back (from the website Dashing Dish) and I loved it. It was so quick and easy and I really liked it. I have to admit that my husband thought they were a good snack, so I guess they weren't very filling to him, but I thought they were delicious!

So here's what you'll need:
  • 3-4 whole wheat wraps- I found mine on clearance at Wal-Mart!
  • 1 (15oz) can pizza sauce (you may have some left over, depending on how much sauce you like)
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 48 mini pepperonis (I used regular sized pepperoni but just cut them up into 4 pieces each)
  • 1 tsp basil/oregano mix OR Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • pinch of sweetener, (sugar/stevia/splenda)
  • pinch of black pepper
 So take a whole wheat wrap and your round cookie cutter and cut out circles that will press down into your muffin tins... (See the pictures below)



 Spray your muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray before pressing the wrap down into each one!
 Next, take your pizza sauce, spices and parmesan cheese and mix it all together.

 Spoon a little sauce into each wrap, and then top with cheeses and pepperoni.

 Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes. When they come out let them sit for a few minutes just to cool a little. Then take a knife and cut around each one. They just need a little help releasing from the pan where the cheese has cooked onto it. Pop out and serve them up!! Enjoy!


Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs