8.21.2009

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken


I found this recipe just yesterday on Facebook on one of my old friends notes she had written. It looked easy, I had all the ingredients, so I made it for dinner. And it was GOOD!! (and Josh like it a lot.. But shh... Don't tell him it has sour cream in it...) I really really liked it. And its a crock pot... so it doesn't get much easier than that!

1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 tsp minced fresh parsely (i used dried.. its all i have!)

Combine oregano, salt and pepper and rub over chicken (I just sprinkled it because I used frozen chicken breasts). Place in a 3 qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours (or if you have a meat thermometer, until it reads 170)

Remove chicken and keep warm (SEE TIP below). Stir in sour cream and parsely. cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken and sauce.
Tip: I just removed the chicken while I stirred in the sour cream/parsely mixture, but returned it to the crock pot to keep it warm and moist after it was all mixed together.

I served it with the Rice pilaf recipe (below) and yummy fresh brocolli. It was such an easy meal and so delicious!! Enjoy!!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs