8.21.2009

Easy Rice Pilaf

This is a yummy rice pilaf recipe that I got from my oldest sister a while back. It is super easy and really good. I make this a lot when I realize that I need a side dish and don't have much time. It only takes about 20-25 minutes from start to finish.


1/4-1/2 cup butter
(depending on how healthy you are feeling!)

1/2 cup broken spaghetti noodles
Break up the spaghetti noodles into about 1/2 in pieces.
Brown spaghetti noodles in butter- Watch closely because that butter gets really hot reall quickly and I have really burned my spaghetti noodles before. Once browned add remaining ingredients:

1 cup long grain rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 packet onion soup mix

Simmer on medium heat until rice is tender and water is gone- Add more water as the process goes if you think the rice isn't getting tender enough... It really is a pretty no-fail recipe. Good luck!

Photobucket

No comments:

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs