11.13.2010

Creamy Vanilla Fruit Dip

Confession: I am not a big fruit eater...

And when I say big... I mean, not really at all. (Did I really just admit that?)

Its horrible, really, but its true. I just don't eat fruit fresh. I love making fruit drinks with my frozen fruit, but I just don't eat fruit fresh.

Okay, I'm glad I got that out there...

Now onto this recipe. This is one of the ABSOLUTE YUMMIEST fruit dips ever. I would seriously eat it with a spoon (minus the fruit, of course) if that were socially acceptable and nice on my waistline... but it is neither of those two, so I don't.

It is so simple too!

Here's the recipe, if you can even call it that!1 small package vanilla pudding mix
1 small container sour cream
milk(Tip for keeping apples from browning: Pour a little lemon juice over them. I keep mine in a bag until ready to serve with the lemon juice in there with them... Keeps them fresh and looking good!)

I don't even know the exact amount of milk to use because I never measure it. Just add some and use your electric mixer to mix away and keep adding milk until its the right consistency. Make it a little thin, as it will set up a little as pudding does... Set out on a pretty platter with your fruit and enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Hannah said...

like NO fresh fruit? Not even apples? Oh, Adele. I'm so sad you don't like them!

This fruit dip, though. Sounds like just the ticket to getting my picky eater daughter to try some fruits. Am going to whip up the recipe.

Suzanne & Andrew Dupuis said...

No FRUIT!!! Seriously!!!???!!!

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs